Thursday, October 24, 2013

Why should girls have all the PAIN? UBC Day 1

I started writing this after I wrote for 100 Words on Saturday @ WriteTribe.

Here is the post & prompt: I knew it was my last day there.

How life of mine had been and how it has changed? The reason is similar to all the other girls' lives, Marriage. Yes, the event Marriage in my life has taken me to new world and not just new world but also NEW ME. 

I wonder what has happened to me..Right from my daily routines TO my own behaviours, habits, even some of my characteristics have been totally changed. I wouldn't have known that I can ALSO be like this(presently what I am), if the event of marriage has not happened. 

I had screwed my mother for better and tastier food than what she had cooked. I had yelled at my mother for no reasons but arguments with friends outside of which she had no clue but silence was her reaction. No single work or help I did for her till my marriage except, raising the electricity bill merely watching television all the day and extended nights. No smiles, no words, no conversation with her, at her. 

But still, she served like a nurse. She worked like a dog. She hid her pain in her SMILE. She smiled at every face she saw, as if she is the blissful woman in the world. She never complained about anyone for anything, though she had(is) undergone such painful moments, not just moments, to be precise, painful life she was leading. No bloody creature including me knew about HER and HER PAIN...

All these things I got to know only after some days of my Marriage. Its not about knowing, but I REALISED what life was she leading and how it was possible. 

She never asked anything for her. She never cooked anything for her. She never prayed anything for her. How a person can be like this??? I could never imagine this kind of characteristics that whether I would imbibe from her in future though she is my mother. 

In recent days, one of her characteristics, has come to me and I realised it... TOLERANCE and level of tolerance has gone to higher level than it was before my marriage. I never kept quiet in a conversation. I was never silent in an argument. I never accepted my brothers' or sisters' or my parents' instruction. I hate being instructed and directed, when I do my job.

But..but..but....All these things got changed within me after my marriage, which I NEVER knew that would be of my characteristics this soon. I said YES to everything immaterial of its importance, seriousness, sensibility. I stopped arguing except with my husband. I HEARD to the instructions though its already being done by me. 

Getting up early, doing household chores(also cooking), helping M-I-L, taking care in-laws; all these things have become part of my daily life. Sorry Sorry..Have become MY LIFE, in a very short span of marriage life. Its not that I am against all these changes but, why for GIRLS alone? Though it is the reality that has to be accepted, why can't we change this reality? 

Similar to the question 'Why should boys have all the fun?', I want to ask 'Why should girls have all the PAIN?'

3 comments:

  1. Hello! :)

    Marriage is a big event for anyone, especially girls as it entails entering a new kind of life, one which you're not used to. It's quite heartening to realize what mothers are like, only when you yourself are going through the same phase. I'm sure she has immense tolerance level because yes, women are sometimes taken for granted.

    Similarly, in your marriage too, life changed. You're in a new environment, expected to do certain things and while this 'expectation' thing may hurt you and make you feel like you're suffering, it's just the way people are. They come loaded with expectations and certain norms and presumptions. I can only guess how hard it can be for someone who doesn't like being bossed around and changes are hard to tackle, but it's a part of a beautiful life. I'm in no position to give any sort of advice, as I'm not qualified or mature enough, but I always feel you can love everyone with the cleanest of hearts and people would naturally love you back. Most people would, anyway. And you have to be brave too. Speaking up when you're being taken for granted, in the most humble and understanding manner. Building positive relationships. It won't be so painful then! There are always reasons to smile, as your mom knows. And you'd know them too! :D

    Keep Smiling! :)
    PS- Thanks for hopping on to my blog. You can always talk to me whenever you want to. If not through comments, drop me an email (mentioned on my blog). I'd love to talk to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Asha...Thanks for stopping by and giving your worthy comment and swear that the line "There are always reasons to smile, as your mom knows. And you'd know them too! :D" brought smile to me.

      Though it is kind of late reply, there are many changes within this period your comment and my comment. Many things happened after this post. As you said, I'm the FOLLOWER of MY MOM, the ANGEL...

      Love my mom..

      Thanks again for time for reading out my post and giving out your wonderful thoughts..

      Keep visiting and keep reading dear...

      Delete
  2. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! You're blog is really worth reading. Keep up the good work! Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete

Your Scribble Please...